Monday, April 12, 2020

Over the next few weeks we will be learning about things that you can find in the garden besides flowers,  like insects, frogs, turtles and food!

This week we will be discovering bugs in the garden. Today we're going to learn about bees!

Story Please Please the Bee by Gerald Kelley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFQNGJmLEk

Image result for please please the bees

Video - 

#1 Bees!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA05LOfPblY

BEE * | Animals For Kids | All Things Animal TV - YouTube

#2 Kids Learn Why Bees are Awesome by Nat Geo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9zZ48jJZyk Kids Learn Why Bees Are Awesome | National Geographic - YouTube


Gross Motor Enzo the Bee by Cosmic Kids Yoga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyj5LooYWyg

Cosmic Kids - Enzo the Bee 🐝is our special yoga adventure ...

Music/Movement -

I’m bringing home a baby bumblebee, (cup hands and swing from side to side)     
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me,
I’m bringing home a baby bumblebee,
Ouch! It stung me!
(look at hands in surprise)

I’m squishing up the baby bumblebee, (squish hands together)
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me,
I’m squishing up the baby bumblebee,
Ewww yucky!

I’m wiping off the baby bumblebee, (wipe hands on legs)
Won’t my mommy be so proud of me,
I’m wiping off the baby bumblebee,
Now my mommy won’t be mad at me!
(no more baby bumblebee! All clean!)

Fine Motor - Be a Bee Pretend to be bees by gathering nectar and transferring to a "honey comb". You will need a small container filled about half way up with yellow colored water. The children will squeeze the bulb of a baster to suck in the water (nectar) and transport it to the ice cube tray (honey comb) and release it.
5 Facts about Bees 
1) Bees are amazing helpers….they help, flowers, grass, plants, vegetables, and fruits grow. 


2) Bees have 4 wings, which help bees to fly very fast. 
3) Bees gather nectar (found in the middle of flowers) and bring the food back to their home, a bee hive. Inside the hive are tiny rooms that they fill with honey. 

4) Bees are the only insect in the world that makes food people eat, which is HONEY! Yummy! 
5) If a bee lands on you or flies by you pretend to be a tree - DON’T MOVE. Bees are only looking for food and don’t want to hurt you. BE STILL 










No comments:

Post a Comment