The week before our Thanksgiving break, we explored some of the food that we might eat at Thanksgiving.  Monday, was Pumpkin Pie Day!  The children made their own pumpkin pies by crumbling up some graham crackers and then they made pumpkin spice pudding to go on top.  I'd say the reviews were mixed on who actually liked the pie, but they had fun making them.










The children made beautiful fall trees.


On Wednesday, the children snapped green beans. This was definitely a new experience for some of the children but they caught on pretty quick. The directions were to "snap" off the end of the bean, the stalk, were it grew from the vine and then snap the beans again into smaller pieces. 
I put them on the stove to cook and they were ready for us to taste by the end of the morning.






The children had a great day with Mrs. Booze on Friday. I was attending the National Early Childhood Conference in Orlando from Wednesday through Friday.  Such a great opportunity for me! There were over 10,000 early childhood educators in attendance over 5 days.  I was able to listen to high quality, national speakers, children book authors and presenters.  I am so thankful that the school sent me!

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  See you Monday!








No comments:

Post a Comment